March 20, 2020 UPDATE
Hello Monte Vista Family,
It seems like all of us are adjusting (or not) to a new normal for a season. I continue to be encouraged as I hear about all the ways that you, as the body of Christ, are being the hands and feet of Jesus. From meal deliveries, to childcare, to helping parents ‘homeschool’ their kids, you are making a difference. Way to go! The staff has also been working hard to figure out how to keep us as the MVC family connected, even though we are unable to gather together. Here is what we have so far:
- Sunday Services: As of this week, we will host two ‘livestream’ services at 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. You can access those on the homepage of our website (mvcturlock.com) Sunday morning. Both of these services will have a virtual host and you will be able to interact if you so choose! There is also a link to our new YouTube channel where you can view the entire service anytime on Sunday. After Sunday, a video of just the sermon will remain available on our website.
- Prayer: Prayer is one MVC’s four ‘vital behaviors’ and we want to pray for you and give you opportunities to pray for others. If you have prayer requests, submit it here. If you would like to be added to the prayer group to pray for others, click here. You will receive a daily update, and if you are able, we invite you to join us in prayer wherever you are every morning at 11 a.m. I am really excited about this!
- Needs: We want to be able to help connect those who have specific needs with those who may be able to meet them. If you have a need you can let us know here. If you would like to view the list of needs to
see how you might be able to help, you can do that here.
- Children’s Ministry: Our children’s ministry will be offering online opportunities on Sunday morning’s and Wednesday Nights as well as many other resources for your children. Kelsey will be emailing you all the details or you can find them on the Roots Facebook Page. Because this involves children, it is a private group so you will need to friend Ashley Mutchler or Kelsey Henderson and request to be added to the group. Also, if you are not receiving emails from Children’s Ministry and would like to, please email Kelsey.
- Student Ministries: Dan and Vance are communicating with students and parents about online opportunities for our students. If you are not receiving those emails or texts, please contact Dan for High School or Vance for Jr. High.
- Spiritual Practices: Take some time to check out our spiritual practices. From Prayer to Sitting on the Dock with Jesus, these exercises will help you find some much needed space with God.
- Soul Care: Our counseling services are meeting both virtually and face to face. You can get more information here.
- Sermon Response Zoom Group: If you want to join a virtual room to process the sermon or anything else that is going on in life, contact Eric Johns.
- Blogs: We have two new blogs on our website for you to check out. In light of all the changes at MVC, we have a COVID-19 MVC Update blog to keep you up to date on the latest MVC activity. You’ll also want to check out the MVC Story Blog which will highlight stories and reflections from our staff and congregation.
- Missions Conference: Our annual Missions Conference is scheduled for the end of March and while our missionaries will not be joining us in person, we will be hosting an online Zoom conference to connect, support, and care for them. There will also be video interviews and stories available for you in the coming weeks, so be looking for them!
- Giving: We also want to encourage you to stay connected and participate by giving online. If you are able, consider signing up for regular online giving to our general fund, which goes to help the ministries and missions of the church. You can also give to our benevolence fund, which helps those in financial need. You are also welcome to mail your offering to the church or drop it by the office.
I realize this is a LOT of information, but it’s good to know that we can still stay connected in the midst of this unique season. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call the office or contact one of the MVC staff. Lastly, please continue praying for one another, for our community, and for the world.